My company doesn’t offer much in terms of formal training. How can I learn more?
- Keep in mind the 70-20-10 rule of thumb.
- Formal training accounts for only about 10 percent of development; 70 percent is from on-the-job experiences, and 20 percent is from other people, such as your boss.
- Learning and development occur in first-time situations and difficult challenges.
- Look for ways to stretch and grow by volunteering for new assignments and going outside your comfort zone. There’s nothing like a complex problem or a good crisis to accelerate your learning.
Based on: Advance by Burnison, Gary.
- Learning determines your earnings for life—and learning can be as simple as following good old-fashioned curiosity.
- Lifelong learning means failing fast (and learning faster).
- Learning generally only happens when you’re outside your comfort zone.
- Learning agility—applying past lessons and experiences to new and first-time challenges and situations—will help you handle ambiguity and complexity and find new and innovative solutions.
- Purposefully surround yourself with people who are better than you.
Anyone who is interested to be successful in life and in their career, should attend this session. It will help them reflect on who they are and get a better understanding on where they are in life and career. Living an illusion is not healthy, get real and know yourself better now.
This session is best suited to individuals ages 18+, who are attending college and looking to enter the work force and start their careers.
H. Bahrelelom is a strategist, lecturer, and public intellectual. His studies under the tutelage of the professors of the Islamic Seminary, and his lectures in communities across the globe, have ranged across theology, jurisprudence, philosophy, ethics, and community development.In addition to serving as an advisor and trustee of the Mainstay Foundation, Sayyid Bahrelelom is a strategy consultant at a DC-based research and advisory firm.
- Date: Wednesday 11/16/2022
- Time: 06:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Duration: 120 minutes
- Where: The Innovation & Leadership Center (15170 N. Commerce Dr. Dearborn, MI 48120)
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Join Over 6,573 Individuals Within Our Network
Advance your community, add impact to your inbox