The Mainstay Foundation will be organizing the fourth annual Najaf Retreat in December, 2018. The project aims to take a select group of active brothers ages 18-24 to the Holy City of Najaf in which they will embark on an uplifting educational and spiritual journey for 10 days. The retreaters will meet and benefit from renowned scholars in the Islamic Seminary as well as visit the Holy Shrines in Najaf, Karbala, and Kathmiya. The Najaf Retreat is an excellent opportunity for young leaders in our communities to be exposed to the rich Islamic heritage in Iraq by visiting the Holy Shrines and connecting with scholars in the Islamic Seminary in Najaf.
- Eligibility: Open for 10+ brothers who are currently attending University (ages 18-24), complete the application, have a valid passport, and are selected by the Najaf Retreat Committee.
- Duration: Approximately 14 days including travel time.
- Dates: December 22nd – January 4th (Tentative).
- Cost: The total cost of the trip is sponsored by the Mainstay Foundation and Partnering Organizations.
- Adminstrative Fee: $500 Non-refundable.
If you are interested to apply for the Najaf Retreat, you must fill out the application below;
The deadline for applications is Friday, September 21st, 2018. A committee will review all applications and select 10+ attendees based on merit. The selected individuals will be notified by the committee by the end of September.