The Mainstay Foundation is blessed to launch its Month of Muharram Grant. Through the generous support of donors, especially The Mainstay Foundation – United Kingdom, we are able to provide this grant to assist Islamic Centers and Organizations who share our goals and objectives and are committed to servicing their local communities.
The guidelines for the Month of Muharram Grant are as follows:
- Recipients: American Shia Muslim centers/organizations who are organizing Muharram programs for their communities.
- Application Deadline: August 17, 2018
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Centers/organizations must be organizing a Muharram Program that includes a speaker and or reciter within an audience setting.
- The speaker/reciter chosen must not:
- Promote controversial/extremist associated topics that may promote disunity and disharmony within our and other communities, domestically and abroad.
- Oppose mainstream Shia Ithna Ashari schools of thought within the seminary institutions of Najaf and Qom, and or similar establishments.
- The program should be available to the community and expected to serve their needs by providing an educational, enlightening and spiritual outlet.
- Upon receipt of this grant, the recipient is expected to use the funding to cover exclusively the costs of the venue, speaker’s travels, and speaker’s honorarium (if applicable).
- Recipient must complete a progress report within 45 days after receiving the grant.
If you are a center/organization that has a Mainstay Verification Number:
- Fill out the Grant Application. You will need your Mainstay Verification Number.
- A sample of the grant application is provided to aid you in this process.
If you are a center/organization that does not have a Mainstay Verification Number:
- Before a center/organization is eligible to apply for grants through the foundation, the center/organization must complete the Organization Verification Form. This is a one-time form every prospective grantee needs to fill out to determine preliminary eligibility for grants through the foundation.
- Once you fill out the Organization Verification Form, we will process the form. If your center/organization is found eligible to apply for grants through the foundation, we will provide you with a Mainstay Verification Number.
- Once you have your Mainstay Verification Number, you can proceed with filling out the Grant Application.