Building on the success of the Hussaini Expressions Contest the last few years, the Never Forget Campaign is proud to take this effort to the next level and host a live contest that will bring out the amazing talent and creativity in our community, all in the service of Imam Hussain (as). In its enhanced format, the Hussaini Expressions Contest aims to provide an effective platform to encourage and inspire the youth to utilize their creative talents to serve Ahlulbayt (as). Be it a poem, portrait, latmiya, video presentation, or any other form of expression, it is through our expressions that we propagate the undying message of Ahlulbayt (as) and empower the community to proudly follow and practice their message.
- Gender: Boys and girls
- Age Groups: 6-11 and 12-17.
- Contestants: Individual or Group
- Registration: All interested contestants must register online at www.mainstay.us or fill out and submit a form by no later than 11:59 pm Thursday, September 21.
- Number of Contestants: Each category is open for up to 5 contestants (or groups) in each age group. Registration will be based on first come first serve.
- All expressions must be original work by the contestant. The expression must be related to Imam Hussain (a) or the events of Ashura, with the exception of the Holy Quran recitation.
- There are four categories as listed below;
- Presentations – Includes speeches and video presentations.
- Recitations (not open for the sisters) – Includes recitations of the Holy Quran, Majalis, Latmiya, or Ziyara.
- Art – Includes photography.
- Poetry – Includes all form of poetry.
- In order to qualify for the contest, all contestants must attend the live event.
- Every contestant will have 90 seconds to showcase their expression.
- There will be a panel of community judges who will evaluate and judge all expressions.
- Based on point allocation, the judges will select a winner in each category for every age group.
- All winners will be awarded a $100 gift card and may have the opportunity to present their work at the Never Forget program.
- Date: Saturday, September 23, 2017
- Time: 11:00 am (registration opens at 10:30 am)
- Venue: The Bint Jebail Cultural Center
- Attendance: Open to the public. All contestants must be pre-registered. No exceptions.
- Light refreshments will be served
For More Information
For more information or if you have any questions regarding the rules, guidelines, or the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (313) 451-2148.
REGISTER for the COMPETITION (Closed)