Building on the success of the Husayni Expressions Competition over the last five years, The Mainstay Foundation is proud to continue this effort and host a national competition that will bring out amazing talent and creativity all in the service of Imam Husayn (as). In its enhanced format, the Husayni Expressions Competition aims to provide an effective platform to encourage and inspire the youth to utilize their creative talents to serve The Ahlulbayt (as). Be it a poem, portrait, latmiya, video presentation, or any other form of creativity, it is through our expressions that we propagate the undying message of The Ahlulbayt (as) and empower communities to proudly follow and practice their message.
- The expression must be related to Imam Husayn (a) or the events of Ashura, with the exception of the Holy Quran recitation.
- There are four categories as listed below:
- Presentations – Includes recitations (i.e. poetry, majalis, latmiya, ziyirat), and speeches.
- Quran Recitation – Includes recitation of the Holy Quran.
- Art – Includes paintings, drawings, sculptures, crafts, paper-mache, photography, etc.
- Video/ Technology – Includes any sort of technology-based media. For example, video recordings, time lapse, etc.
- Bonus points can be earned for originality and memorization.
- In order to qualify for the contest, all contestants must either attend the live event or join via a live zoom feed during the event on Saturday, August 6th.
- There must be a minimum of 3 contestants in each age group/category.
- Judges may select one to two winners per age group.
- Every contestant will have up to 3 minutes to showcase his or her expression.
- A panel of qualified judges will evaluate and rank all expressions within each category.
- All winners will be announced and awarded at the end of the event.
- Up to $3,000 in prizes!
- Gender: Male and Female
- Age Groups: 5-9 | 10-14 | 15-18 | 19-24
- Contestants: Individual or group
- Registration: All interested contestants must register online at www.muharram.live/he no later than Thursday, August 4th, 2022 at 11:59pm.
- Number of Contestants: Maximum of 6 contestants in each category and age group. Registration will be based on first come first serve.
- Date: Saturday, August 6th, 2022
- 10:00AM – Doors open for girls only presentation and recitation categories
- 10:30AM – Girls only begin
- 11:15AM – Registration opens for all others
- 11:30AM – All others begin
- Venue: The Greenfield Manor – 4770 Greenfield Rd., Dearborn, MI 48126
- Attendance: Open to the public
- All contestants must be pre-registered. No exceptions.
- Winning participants will have a chance to present at the Never Forget program the following day. Artwork of all contestants will be displayed the following day as well.
- Light refreshments will be served
For More Information
For more information or if you have any questions regarding the event, please contact Zaynab Turki at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (313) 505-5677.