Building on the success of the Husayni Expressions Talent Competition the last few years, the Mainstay Foundation is proud to take this effort to the next level and host a global competition that will bring out the amazing talent and creativity from all over the world, all in the service of Imam Husayn (as). In its enhanced format, the Husayni Expressions Competition aims to provide an effective, virtual platform to encourage and inspire the youth to utilize their creative talents to serve Ahlulbayt (as). Be it a poem, portrait, latmiya, video presentation, or any other form of expression, it is through our expressions that we propagate the undying message of Ahlulbayt (as) and empower communities to proudly follow and practice their message.
- Age Groups:
- 6 – 11
- 12 – 17
- 18 – 22
- Contestants: Individual or group
- Registration: All interested contestants must register no later than Sunday, September 20, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
- Number of Contestants: Each category is open for up to 20 contestants (or groups) in each age group. Registration will be based on first come first serve.
- All expressions must be original work by the contestant. The expression must be related to Imam Husayn (a) or the events of Ashura, with the exception of the Holy Quran recitation.
- There are four categories as listed below:
- Presentations – Includes speeches and video presentations.
- Quran Recitation – Includes recitations of the Holy Quran.
- General Recitation – Includes recitation of poetry, majalis, latmiya and ziyarat.
- Art – Includes paintings, drawings, sculptures, crafts, paper-mache, photography, etc…
- Each contestant will need to upload a 2 minute (maximum) video of their expression.
- A panel of qualified judges will evaluate and rank all expressions within each category.
- Based on point allocation, the judges will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each category.
- All winners will be awarded showcased via The Mainstay Foundation’s Social Media outlets on Friday, October 2, 2020.
For More Information:
- For more information or questions, please contact us at email@example.com or text to (313) 264-4655.