The Muharram Grant
July 6 @ 10:30 am - July 26 @ 12:00 am
The Mainstay Foundation is blessed to launch its 1443/ 2021 Month of Muharram Grant from July 1st – July 18, 2021. Through the generous support of donors, especially The Mainstay Foundation – United Kingdom, we are able to provide this grant to assist Islamic Centers and Organizations who share our goals and objectives and are committed to servicing their local communities.
The guidelines for the Month of Muharram Grant are as follows:
- Recipients: American Shia Muslim centers/organizations that are organizing Muharram programs for their communities.
- Application Deadline: July 18, 2021
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Centers/organizations must be organizing a Muharram Program that includes a speaker and or reciter within an audience setting.
- The speaker/reciter chosen must not:
- Promote controversial/extremist associated topics that may promote disunity and disharmony within our and other communities, domestically and abroad.
- Oppose mainstream Shia Ithna Ashari schools of thought within the seminary institutions of Najaf and Qom, and or similar establishments.
- The program should be available to the community and expected to serve their needs by providing an educational, enlightening and spiritual outlet.
- Upon receipt of this grant, the recipient is expected to use the funding to cover the costs of the venue, the speaker’s travels, and the speaker’s honorarium (if applicable).
- The recipient must complete a progress report within 45 days after receiving the grant.
If you are interested in applying for the Month of Muharram Grant, please submit your application by clicking the following link.